- We revamped video calls, making the experience more intuitive, and more attractive. As a bonus, they're more resource efficient and now let you change audio devices during a call. If that's the kind of thing you need to do.
- Remove thine shackles from thine eyes, and behold: gloriously legible text, regardless of your display scaling!
- We'll no longer clear notifications from the Action Center automatically, but if you're on the Windows Creators Update we'll bundle them up so that it's easier for you to do.
- A rare bug that turned Slack into a process hydra: receiving notifications or switching channels would spawn new processes seemingly without end.
- Should you ever wish to say goodbye to one of your teams, a right-click > Remove from the sidebar will do the trick now more reliably than before.
- Switching teams using the numbered shortcuts is noticeably faster. We would say "37%" if we were forced to put a number on it. Fortunately, we aren't, and we won't.
- Opening a context menu won't freeze videos or gifs playing in the app.
- The default window size is a smidgen larger. You won't notice, because your window will keep being the same size it's always been. That's just the way it is, and we don't want it to change.
- Our spellchecker would occasionally mark correctly spelled words as incorrect. It had ONE job. It now performs it.
- With surgical precision, we cut out the frame border that appeared when the app window was maximized.